★★★★★ ~ “The Swap” by Megan Shull

9780062311696

Have you ever thought that the other sex had it easier? Well, this book shows both sides.

In the beginning of The Swap, the main characters, Ellie and Jack have never met. However, they both end up being in the nurse office at the same time for different reasons. Ellie and Jack both think that the other sex has it easier. They both wake up later in the nurse’s office realizing that they are in each other’s bodies, and that no one else knows. Throughout the book, they both learn about each other’s problems, Ellie’s problem being that her best friend since kindergarten is replacing her with another girl and bullying her, and Jack’s problem being that his dad is so crazy ridiculous about hockey that he makes Jack and his brothers wake up at 5am to run everyday. They learn to see that even though it may seem easier for the other sex, each and every one of us has our own big, individual problems.

I think that this is a great book, and that everyone should read it. Sure, it may follow a 7th grader and an 8th grader, it’s a book that everyone can relate to. This book is full of surprises that everyone will enjoy, and in my opinion, there should be a sequel. It’s a must read!

3 thoughts on “★★★★★ ~ “The Swap” by Megan Shull”

1. I have read this book before! It is a really good book. I love your summary of it! Did you hear they recently made a movie out of it? I watched it with my little sister, I like the book better though.

1. Hi Cate!

Thank you for commenting and I’m glad you liked it! I did happen to hear that they made a movie out of it on Disney Channel. I haven’t watched it yet, but I did happen to see the trailer and from that, I have to agree with you, that the book is better. I wish that they had kept her as a redhead who loves and plays soccer, but that movies are always a little different than the books.

I hope to hear more of your opinions in the future about this book and others!

From, Lara